Monday, May 01, 2023

I wish I knew where this is coming from

You know, I realized that I have been getting gaslighted recently and today once again I am being told that I did something that seems completely out of character for me. At some point last year, I loaned a Star Trek TOS phaser replica to a friend for a bit of cosplay. I do not recall when I lost track of the phaser, but Jen apparently found it while she was enthusiastally packing up my stuff while I was in the hospital. Great and all that. So when she tells me she found it, she smugly tells me I shouldn't have accused my friend of losing it. I do not remember doing this. I don't even remember talking to her about it, but it seems to me I would have asked to verify that it had been given back to me or to ask if she could verify that she did not have it. I am aware of my failings enough to think that I might ha e misplaced it. 

To make matters worse Jen says the friend remembers it this way too. I have not confirmed this with her, but my main issue is why did this even have to come up? 

It seems like I need to be the villain in Jen's eyes, no matter what.i would love to know where this apparent hatred came from.

No comments: