Thursday, August 17, 2006

More tests needed

I went in for an ultrasound on my leg yesterday. They were checking for clots that might be causing the edema in my leg. It appears that there is nothing in there, which is good, but this means that they do not know what is causing it. They thought it was the drugs, but now that those have been changed, it appears that it is something else. Hopefully, they will have a better idea of what is going on when I go in for my clinic appointment on Friday.

On a related note, my potassium is up to a decent level. Not enough to stop taking the horse pills they have me on now, but it is an improvement. My creatinine is currently at 1.6 and holding. They actually reduced the phosphorus supplements since that was going up. Nice to know it is actually possible that they can take away some of the pills. :-)

No comments: