Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend update

Quick update on my life over the last few days, cause it's been busy!

As a result of my Thursday clinic appointment, they discovered that my creatinine level had gone up from 1.5 to 2.1 over the course of three days. They sent me to the hospital on Friday to have an ultrasound done to see what, if anything might be causing that. They discovered a large fluid buildup around the new kidney and my doctor decided that something needed to be done about that pretty much right away. I then got to spend the weekend in the hospital while they put a tube into my side to drain the fluid. It appeared that it had stopped draining, but when they did another ultrasound, they found some more fluid that didn't seem to want to come out. There didn't seem to be much they could do at this point without further surgery, so they decided to send me home, but without removing the drain.

Of course, overnight, the excess fluid seems to have decided to come out. From Saturday at 10pm to Sunday at 6pm, the drain produced less than 200ml of fluid. From the time I left the hospital at about 6 until 8am on Monday, it has already dumped out about 400ml of fluid. Hopefully, it will slow down in the next day or so.

On top of all of this, there was some fun with my drugs. They dropped a number of drugs and it seems that they forgot some of my drugs. It took me two days to get all of this sorted out. Just in time to be released from the hospital. I hope I have gotten all of the changes right, but I guess I'll find out today when I go to my clinic appointment.

I guess I will update more later today after I get the results of the blood tests.

No comments: