Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's going on with my various appointments.

OK, before kt hurts me, here's how things stand: I went to my clinic appointment on Monday and they didn't do much about the drain there. The pain level has dropped quite a bit. I am managing it just fine with moderate doses of tylenol (instead of the Percocet I thought I was going to have to use).

They also sent me to see yet another doctor about the status of the drain and I am not really sure what he was doing this for. As far as I can tell, He just changed the dressing, and looked at the drain insert point and said "it's all good" and sent me on my way. I assume he is just going to be monitoring how things are going but I'm not entirely sure how he is going to be doing that. I have another appointment with him next week, so I guess I will ask for clarification.

The drain is going to be there for the time being. I am outputting about a liter of fluid a day through the drain and they are not going to take it out until I am down to about 100 ml a day. It's going to be a while before this comes out.

No comments: