Friday, September 15, 2006

Where I've been...

OK, I guess I let folks know what the heck is s going on with me these days.

First and foremost, it appears that I had somehow dislodged the drainage tube sometime on Wednesday. This, as you might guess, caused some consternation amongst the medical types. Mind you, it took a CT Scan to determine that this had occurred (and for those who are counting, the current tally is 4 Ultrasounds, 1 X-Ray and 2 CT Scans). I had an outpatient procedure to remove the old tube and replace it with a new one yesterday. This would not have been that big a deal, except that someone scheduled it wrong. I showed up at 9 AM on Thursday (after some horrific traffic) to find out that they thought I was going to be showing up on Friday and had fully booked the surgeons for the day. After some running around and rescheduling, they managed to get me in later in the day. The actual procedure was pretty straight-forward and uncomplicated. The new drain appears to be working fine. We'll see how long before something else goes weird.

All of this nonsense also caused me top miss a doctor's appointment. Not a big deal, but that's the first time I missed one.

Work has also been keeping me busy as hell. I have either been at work, the doctor's (or the hospital) or at home for every waking moment this week. I need to slow down a bit.

No comments: